Sunday, August 8, 2010

Saves and Goals

After a long summer break I'm back. Since the soccer seasons are about to start in Europe, it's time to get back to stats. For upcoming season I'll follow a few new stats that I came up with this summer. We'll start with goalkeepers. Along with the stats I've explained here ( and from now on it will be updated weekly, so the current forms of opponents will be taken in consideration; thank you Howard ),I'll monitor saves to goals ratio. It's simple enough statistic; just divide saves with goals conceded. And to give you the coordinates: higher the rate, the better. Here are the standings for EPL 2009/10; GS stands for games started, SV for saves and GC for goals conceded. Rate numbers in bold are starters numbers and they are colored, as you can guess, in traffic light fashion (data from ESPNSoccernet ):



Or like this, just starters:



No comments:

Post a Comment